Wednesday, October 27, 2010

It surely cannot be about winning Trivial Pursuit

I have started seeing things clearly again. I feel I again have entered some kind of state that allows me to see what's behind the corner. I like it, it feels good. At the same time it's disturbing. What am I supposed to do with that skill?

It has started again like it often does. I suddenly see things in front of me, even though they are about to happen. Or I see what's written on the next page before turning it. It does come quite handy, it allows me to win Trivial Pursuit. However. That cannot be the reason behind it.

I guess many of us would like to be able to say, this is what I'm supposed to do with my life, this is the skill set I was given and that is the reason for it. But it oftentimes is not that simple. I'd like to believe that it is enough to do one's best, to be a good fellow human-being, a good friend, a mother, a father, a sister or brother. A kind neighbor, a friendly co-worker. But the thought leaves me feeling a bit empty. What about these skills that turn up every now and then? It surely cannot be about winning Trivial Pursuit.

No comments: