Monday, February 16, 2009

Riff me up, Tamarama

I'm in love. I'm in deep love with Tamarama. I'd just wanna say "Riff me up, boys". Because what they do with that guitar is excellent. It's an instant move from ordinary life to dreaming, vacation, sitting in the car heading for the airport.

There's so much Jack [Johnson] in it, that I start to get the same feeling of being blessed, when listening to the boys of Tamarama.

This time I'll have to thank The City for introducing these soulful people to me. Jay Lyon and Nicolas Potts are doing it just right. You can here it in their riffs: the beaches of Australia, the sun, the sand, the surf. You can hear it all. You can feel it. And even though based in New York, I hope the music will keep its sense of beach.

My favourites from the Wonderland City album?
- Everything to me
- Illusions
- Sunsets

come on sunset fill our eyes
we love to watch the clouds roll by
if we hold up a second we might learn a lesson
if we hold up a second this moment’s a blessing
[Sunsets]

Get you share of love:
www.tamaramamusic.com
MySpace

No comments: