Monday, November 10, 2008

You are my last day of summer

Fresh thoughts are to be written down fresh, before second thoughts come in to alter the flowing rivers of the soul. Despite the late hour, here's the poetry of this night's flight, here are the thoughts that grew under the dark sky.

The tunes to accompany the thoughts are, for different reasons, Daniel Lemma - If I used to love you and Citizen Cope - Hurricane waters.

You are my last day of summer
You are my last day of the vacation. The one I'd like for to go on forever and never stop Even though all it takes to realize it has come to an end, is a trip to the airport. Knowing, that I'll never know, whether I'll ever have that again.

You are what I return to in my mind, when later on, bittersweet memories enter behind closed eyelids, flowing through my body, like waves of an ocean. (And I let them.) I'll remember thoughts, words, sounds, scents. (The contour of your mouth, making you look so peaceful when you sleep.) I'll remember the sweetness of the breakfast coffee, (the scent of your skin). I'll remember all of that and so much more. I'll remember the restlessness I grew for leaving you.

You, like the last day of summer, making me paint a picture in my mind. Filling it with the landscapes of my soul, the love in my heart. Not ever to forget what that last day felt like, with you, if I'll never relive it again.

No comments: